The winners of the Winchester Business Excellence Awards 2020 have been announced this week by the Hampshire Chronicle.
The awards, which are now in their 18th year, are organised in partnership by Winchester Business Improvement District (BID), Hampshire Chamber of Commerce and the Hampshire Chronicle and were open to businesses within the Winchester District to recognise their achievements and commitment to excellence.
This year’s awards were kindly sponsored by Chesil House, Dutton Gregory Solicitors, The Little Kitchen Company, Paris Smith, University of Winchester, Winchester BID and Winchester City Council. Judging this year’s awards were head judge, Group Managing Director of Winchester Motor Group and Chair of the Hampshire Chamber of Commerce Winchester Business Strategy Group Mark Mills-Goodlet, Business Editor at Local IQ Darren Slade, Executive Director of Winchester BID Dr Paul Spencer and representatives from the category sponsors.
Dr Spencer said: “In what has been such a challenging year for everyone and indeed for businesses, it has been amazing to see so many nominations for this year’s awards. There are some truly inspirational examples of how businesses in the Winchester District have adapted with innovative ideas for how they can continue to serve their customers and clients and support their community during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is important to recognise and celebrate success and good work, and even more so during what has been a difficult year for us all, and every business which has received a nomination should be very pleased with their achievements this year.”
The full list of award winners:
- Business of the Year – Anderson Moores Veterinary Specialists
- Business Leader – Steven Northam, IncuHive
- Young Business Person – Will Harrigan, River Coffee Roasters
- Charity/Social Enterprise – Blue Apple Theatre
- Large Business – Anderson Moores Veterinary Specialists
- SME/Independent Business – Open House Deli
- New Business – OMU (Orthodontic Mobile Unit)
- Digital Innovation – Ridge and Partners LLP
- Sustainable Business – Alfred’s Brewery
- Service Excellence – Pretty Woman Beauty Salon
- Winchester City Council Millennium Egg Award – Posthumous award to the late Ken Macartney, Pavilion
Video: Winchester Business Excellence Awards 2020 winners announced.