On the 9 July the Government announced that close contact services such as beauticians, tattooists, spas and tanning salons will be able to reopen from 13 July and indoor gyms, swimming pools and leisure centres can reopen from 25 July.
It was also announced that live performances to socially distanced audiences outside will be allowed from 11 July and the Government, working with public health experts, will begin to carefully pilot a number of indoor performances to socially distanced audiences at theatres and arts venues.
At a time like this, it is important to support local businesses and this will help Winchester to recover from the economic impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) as well as help to ensure that our city centre continues to be a great place to live, visit, study, work and do business. We have collated a list which can be seen below of close contact services as well as sport and leisure facilities which can reopen this month.
If you are able and it is safe to do so, please support your local businesses.
- Open businesses have new safety measures in place to protect you and their staff and provide peace of mind so you can enjoy your visit.
- Many businesses across a wide range of sectors can still provide services to you remotely or online.
- You can choose to ‘shop locally’ online and support local businesses.
- Order local takeaway or home delivery.
- Buy gift vouchers to use later.
- Rate your favourite local businesses with 5 star reviews.
- Donate online to local charities.
- Find out more by visiting the websites of your favourite local businesses or by following them on social media.
- Follow Winchester BID on social media – we are sharing updates from local businesses using #HelloWinchester on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
List of close contact services in Winchester city centre which can reopen from 13 July and leisure facilities which can reopen from 25 July.
Please click on the links below for the latest information from each individual business and if you are aware of any updates we should make to this list, please contact the Winchester BID team by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 01962 841000.
Close contact services
Amanda Attwood Beauty Clinic | Apollo Nails | Asgard | Consol | Dr Victoria Cosmetic Dermatology | Essenziale | Gold Dagger Tattoo | Hollywood Nails | La Moon Spa | Polka Dot Piercing | Signature Beauty | Swallows Den | Top Nails | Vita Skin Spa | Winchester Health and Beauty