Public Consultation on draft Central Winchester Regeneration Supplementary Planning Document
Notification under the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012
Winchester City Council is consulting on a draft Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) for the Central Winchester Regeneration Area (CWR Area). Pending approval from the Council’s Cabinet on 6 December 2017, formal consultation will commence on 11 December 2017. The draft SPD has been prepared for Winchester City Council by JTP architects and masterplanners to set out a vision and urban design framework for the future development of the CWR Area. The document will, once adopted, provide design guidance for development in the CWR Area and will supplement the Winchester District Local Plan Part 1 (2013) and Part 2 (2017).
The draft SPD can be viewed:
- Online at the Council’s website – http://www.winchester.gov.uk/projects/5744/central-winchester-regeneration
- At the drop in exhibition – Tuesday 14 November between 4pm and 8pm at Winchester Guildhall
- At the public exhibition – Monday 11 December between 2pm and 9pm at Winchester Guildhall
- At the follow up exhibitions between 10 and 16 January (week days) in various locations across the district including Bishops Waltham, Alresford and Winchester Train Station.
- At Winchester City Council’s City Offices, Colebrook Street, Winchester, SO23 9LJ Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
- At local libraries:
- Winchester Discovery Centre, Jewry Street, Winchester
- Stanmore Community Library, Carroll Centre, Somers Close
- Alresford Library, Broad Street, New Alresford
- Bishops Waltham Library, Free Street Bishops Waltham
- Waterlooville Library, The Precinct, Waterlooville
- Eastleigh Library, The Swan Centre, Eastleigh
- Fareham Library, Osborn Road, Fareham
- Romsey Library, Station Road, Romsey
Opening times can be found on the Hampshire County Council website.
Feedback should preferably be submitted using the online comment form at: https://winchester.citizenspace.com/policy/cwr-draft-spd/. Alternatively, you can comment using the form on the Council’s website which can be downloaded, printed and returned to the Council via the freepost address detailed on the form. Forms are available at the places where the SPD can be inspected. You can also comment by email to CWRegen@winchester.gov.uk or in person by completing the form during exhibitions or write to us at:
Freepost Plus RTLH-KXUA-SEEC
Central Winchester Regeneration
All comments must be received by 12 noon on 5 February 2018
Please be aware that we cannot accept anonymous comments – all comments we receive will be included on our website (including your name but not your address or email details).
If you wish to be notified of the adoption of the SPD please include your contact details with your response.