Winchester BID is seeking to appoint a local creative agency to help us to promote and celebrate the city’s independent business community.
Expressions of interests are welcomed from creative agencies who would like to submit proposals to work with the BID and our Independents Advisory Group, made up of local independent businesses, to plan and deliver a marketing and PR campaign to promote Winchester’s independents during the 2019 festive season.
Subject to a successful campaign, there are further opportunities to work on other initiatives to promote Winchester’s independent businesses during 2020.
The Winchester Independents 2019 festive campaign objectives:
- To further establish The Winchester Independents brand.
- To help make consumers aware of the diverse and unique offer of independent retail and food & drink businesses in Winchester during the festive season.
- To encourage consumers to move around the city and to explore all of the different areas where independent businesses are located.
- To encourage local businesses and consumers alike as well as other organisations and institutions in the city to celebrate the contribution independent businesses make to the local economy and to the character and distinctiveness of Winchester.
- To promote Winchester’s car parking app Park Winchester and other transport initiatives including, among others, additional Park and Ride services to help make travelling into Winchester easier during the busy festive season.
- To promote late night shopping in Winchester (Thursdays until 8pm, beginning on the evening of the Winchester Christmas Lights Switch On Event on Thursday 14th November until Thursday 19th December).
- To engage local and national press and media in the story of Winchester’s independent business community and all it has to offer during the festive season.
- To measure the success of the campaign and provide a post-campaign review.
For more information, please click here.
The closing date for expressions of interest is Friday 20 September.