BID provide additional Park & Ride services for Sunday 11th June
Winchester Cyclefest and Criterium comes to the city on Sunday 11th June and this year it is set to be bigger and better than ever.
The Criterium race is widely regarded as the best of its kind in the region and further afield by riders and fans, located right in the heart of the historic city centre with stunning backdrops.
There will be races from 10am to 5pm on a circuit around the High Street and The Square and family-orientated cycle activities and exhibitors in The Broadway area from 10am to 4pm.
Winchester City Council is working to co-ordinate the safe management of the event with the police, medical services and other agencies in order to create minimal disruption. There are several road closures taking place during the day including:
- The Broadway, Winchester, between its junction with Eastgate Street and its westerly junction with Colebrook Street
- Colebrook Street, between its junction with Market Lane and its junction with The Broadway
- High Street between its junction with St Thomas Street and Jewry Street
- St Thomas’ Street between its junction with High Street and its junction with Kings Head Yard
- King’s Head Yard, Little Minster Street, Great Minster Street, The Square, Market Lane and Market Street all for their entire length
To help alleviate parking problems during the day, Winchester BID has funded Park & Ride services during Sunday 11th June to provide additional parking and transport in and out of the city.
Please click the link below to view the Cyclefest Park and Ride timetable.